To help overseas students familiarise themselves with the college campus, its facilities and their fellow EAL classmates. Overseas students are required to arrive at the College two days prior to the commencement of school.
On arrival, overseas students will receive an Information Kit which will include:
- an outline of the Orientation Programme;
- a map of the College facilities;
- information on Geelong and Australia;
- a booklet on school rules and regulations.
On the first day of the orientation programme the overseas students will:
- be welcomed by the Principal, the Overseas Student Co-ordinator and Homestay Co-ordinator;
- be involved in a variety of activities that will help students feel at home;
- have a tour of the College– including canteen, Student Services, the Computer Services Centre, etc;
- be fitted for College and Sports uniforms;
- have an English test so that ESL classes can be chosen accordingly.
On the second day of orientation overseas students will be interviewed individually to discuss academic plans and goals and to explore any difficulties with regard to language. Bank Accounts will be established.
From the beginning of schooling overseas students will be part of the normal school programme. The Overseas Students Co-ordinator and the Homestay Co-ordinator will be assigned to assist any overseas students having difficulty with the first few days of school. The aim of the College is to integrate all students into one unified student community as quickly as possible.